AMETHYST

~will eventually make fancy banner/whatever thing~

Amethyst and Pomegranate have also been posted separately, but I might as well put all my Amethyst stories on the same thread, as well as any I make after Pomegranate.

where the stories are posted
Amethyst: lower on this page
Pomegranate: lower on this page
Evergreen: page 3 of this thread
Flames: page 4 of this thread blood warning
Frozen: page 9 of this thread
Seryyville: page 15 of this thread minor blood warning

short stories
Persephone: page 12 of this thread
Flare (1): page 16 of this thread
green-gray indicates a backstory while brown-blue indicates during the Amethyst timeline
green/gray will have less detail and most likely no dialogue because it encompasses a longer span of time

These are plot relevant.

Feel free to ask questions, but know that I can't answer everything. You can also ask the characters questions. Just remember, they reply in character. Also, Adderface, no giving spoilers by accident (or on purpose!).

1026‽ u is invalid. Ashfur, you onion! Wednesday Shirt is no knish. letter g "μ"-cat  =^ò.ó^=

~Phiry's name is the word "music" written in a code I sometimes use.
~Apparently two people in One Direction are named Louie and Harry. It wasn't intentional when I came up with the characters; instead,
                     those two characters are named after real cats.

~When I had to find a name for the griffin, "slash" was just the first word that popped into my mind. Well, other than "spiders."
~Citrus may not still be entirely in her right mind.
~Poppy is polydactyl.
~Kyanite was a mercenary in the south but moved north; she never speaks of it, but her friends Bootsy and Kai know this. Her reason
                     for moving north was partially because she failed a task and partially for reasons I can't yet reveal.

~Several of the cats are related; just ask and I'll tell you any cat's relatives in the story.

BACKSTORY OF THE CAVE

At first Kyanite was a mercenary. She came from Hegoaldean, which is far south from the caves. She was assigned to capture a cat who had been accused of treason and take him to Seryyville, but he escaped on a dragon shortly before she reached Seryyville with him. Once there she befriended a cat named Bootsy, as well as his brother Bear, their cousin Kai, and their friend Sezja. But the cat and dragon arrived later in Seryyville. She fled to the south of the mountains.

There were two groups of cats living on the opposite side of the mountains from Silver Lake. They were in two groups only for convenience, and would have been combined if the cats could find any place other than the cave big enough for all of them to stay. The first group, which Kyanite joined, was Phiry, Day, Night, and some other cats called Boudicca (Bo for short) and Sky, as well as a scorpion-cat named Sasori. The second group was Lykke, Lion, Lloyd, Grass, and Sorrel. The cats could not live in the cave because they didn't know how to keep it bright inside without fire.

Breeze showed up alone and with a broken arm from an encounter with Sanguis the dragon. Sanguis was the one who brought him to the mountains near the cave, as well as an old ally and friend of Kyanite's whom she met while she was a mercenary. At first he refused to give his name, but Kyanite suspected from his appearance that he was the murderer Breeze. She realized a short while later he was much younger and did not have quite the same eyes as the murderer, whose eyes had a very slight blue tint, while this cat's eyes were purely gray. But when she found out his name was also Breeze and that he was the murderer's son, she tried to kill him again. Sanguis told her not to kill him. She warily let him join her group (she also quite disliked him aside from this, as she did not know how to respond to his obvious feelings toward her).

Kyanite met Harry and Louie while on a journey in Korichnevyy, a city in the mountains. They were excited to join her group.

Spinnen tried to fight Kyanite to show off her prowess, but Kyanite was stronger, faster, and more experienced. After what she considered a disgrace Spinnen was prepared to slink away into the mountains, but Grass persuaded her to join Sorrel's group.

Kyanite and the others met Hecate a short time later. Since Hecate casts magic spells, her arrival meant the cats could move into the cave. However, shortly before the change was made, Lion, Lykke, Lloyd, Lightning, and Sorrel disappeared. Hecate's younger sister, Persephone, who lived in Claw Canyon City, arranged to spend half of each year in her mountain home and the other half in the cave with her sister.

Onyx and Featherfall were picked up by Slash one day while exploring the mountains together with their slightly older friend Rabbit (who protested greatly at first due to his fear of heights). Sanguis found Spindle hopelessly lost with no idea of where he was going, so the dragon brought him back to Kyanite.

Everything has been relatively peaceful since shortly after the hectic time after Breeze's arrival, though Bo, Sky, and Sasori went on a mission and never returned.

Cats still sometimes arrive at the caves, sometimes looking for Kyanite and sometimes simply by chance.

FAN LIST
1. MegaCoonCat
2. mintleaf2
3. Rainfur9849
4. ∂ση'т ∂ιg уσυя gяανє, уσυя ιηƒιηιтє
5. Iceycloud
6. Frozendawn
7. ♦φδωεrcrγsταζ♦
8. єтєяηιту
9. ஓвαѕѕнυηтєяღ
10. .:Oceanpool:.
11. *Adderbite*
12. DarkDragon9090
13. ~Mountainfur~
14. Graystripestar
15. LeopardFire/Star
16. Whitemint28

--some of them asked to be fans on the original pages--

COLORS
These colors are all in Russian; yes, I am allowed to say them, since I am providing a translation.
I think these pronunciations are right; I listened as best I could to Google Translate.
Yes, I know it's unreliable for sentences, but single words, such as colors, are fine.
Seryy [SEH-ree]: gray
Korichnevyy [koh-REECH-neh-vuy]: brown
Chernyy [CHUR-nee]: black
Belyy [BEE-luy]: white
Oranzhevyy [AH-ranzh-eh-vuy]: orange
Krasnyy [KRAHS-nee]: red
Siniy [SEE-nee]: blue
Zelenyy [ZEE-looh-nee]: green
Fioletovyy [FEE-oh-leeoh-teh-vuy]: purple

*Karminrot is German for lake; it also means carmine or crimson, both of which are red.
*Hegoaldean is Basque for south.
*Ozero is Russian for lake.

Okay, so, the cats have last names.
Hecate Kurai [dark (Japanese)]
Persephone Kurai
Kyanite Talvitama [winter (Estonian)]
Spinnen Vorai [spiders (Lithuanian)--that makes her name Spiders Spiders]

1026‽ u is invalid. Ashfur, you onion! Wednesday Shirt is no knish. letter g "μ"-cat  =^ò.ó^=

Like Like (0 likes)

Onyx is surprised when a cat shows up in the entrance to Kyanite’s cave with a piece of an amethyst geode. A dragon named Windstorm attacked her to steal the gemstone. Bast wants to move on soon, but her plans are interrupted…

The descriptions below the pictures note how to tell apart the characters by their sketches throughout, as I did not draw them exactly as they are meant to appear.

Onyx is drawn with stripes, paw color divisions (lines between black and white), and a flame-shaped medallion.

Kyanite is drawn with a long, ringed tail.

Bast is drawn with separations between her black and gold spots.

Featherfall has a necklace.

Spindle has no markings and is the shortest character.

Louie is drawn with stripes.

Harry is drawn with stripes.

Grass is drawn with a shaded tail.

Phiry is drawn with a stub tail and her spots are shaded.

Rabbit is drawn with a short tail and color divisions between caramel and white.

Night is drawn with color divisions between black and gold.

Day is drawn with color divisions between gold and white. She has more white than Night has gold.

Hecate is drawn with stripes, and has white on her muzzle, chest, and paws.

Breeze is drawn with shaded ears and a shaded tuft on his tail.

Spinnen is drawn with stripes.

Slash is a griffin.

Windstorm has these color scales.

She-cats have unshaded noses and eye whiskers while toms have shaded noses and no eye whiskers.

Like Like (0 likes)

Onyx has returned life at the cave to its usual peaceful state. Hecate’s sister Persephone returns to stay for six months as she does every year. But when cats are suddenly found unconscious, Onyx must find out what’s going on…

Only the new characters are listed here, not the ones that have already appeared.

Persephone is drawn with stripes, and has white on her muzzle, chest, and paws. She has a white blaze down her face.

Pomegranate is drawn with stripes.

Stripe is drawn with stripes.

Licorice has no markings and is slightly shaded in.

Azure has these color scales.

She-cats have unshaded noses and eye whiskers while toms have shaded noses and no eye whiskers.

Like Like (0 likes)
HEREHEREHERHEHRHEHRH HERE

๑۩۩๑ᵐᵉᵐᵒ⁺ˢᵖˡᵃˢʰ⁼♥๑۩۩๑ ᵈᵒᶰ'ᵗ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᵗᵉᵃᶜʰ ᵃ ᵖᶤᵍ ʰᵒʷ ᵗᵒ ˢᶤᶰᵍ; ᶤᵗ ʷᵃˢᵗᵉˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗᶤᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵃᶰᶰᵒʸˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᶤᵍ ♉ ˢᵒᵒᶰ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ - [₪ [ ᶠᵃᵈᵉᵈ ᶠᵘᵐᵉˢ ] ₪]
Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by .:Oceanpool:.:
HEREHEREHERHEHRHEHRH HERE

Well, that was enthusiastic!

Like Like (0 likes)
I'm working on page 3 of Evergreen right now.

Like Like (0 likes)
Srry fur poof. YESH PG 3 ALREADY (XD)

๑۩۩๑ᵐᵉᵐᵒ⁺ˢᵖˡᵃˢʰ⁼♥๑۩۩๑ ᵈᵒᶰ'ᵗ ᵗʳʸ ᵗᵒ ᵗᵉᵃᶜʰ ᵃ ᵖᶤᵍ ʰᵒʷ ᵗᵒ ˢᶤᶰᵍ; ᶤᵗ ʷᵃˢᵗᵉˢ ʸᵒᵘʳ ᵗᶤᵐᵉ ᵃᶰᵈ ᵃᶰᶰᵒʸˢ ᵗʰᵉ ᵖᶤᵍ ♉ ˢᵒᵒᶰ ᵗᵒ ᵇᵉ - [₪ [ ᶠᵃᵈᵉᵈ ᶠᵘᵐᵉˢ ] ₪]
Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by .:Oceanpool:.:
Srry fur poof. YESH PG 3 ALREADY (XD)

Well...it's about a fourteenth of the way through... Razzer

unimpressive

Like Like (0 likes)
I finished the seventh page and all definite and probable future characters.

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by Hollyfrost14 of StoneClan:
I finished the seventh page and all definite and probable future characters.

OH NO I FORGOT SAGE!

Like Like (0 likes)
bump

Like Like (0 likes)
This is a stupid question, but is Onyx in love with Bast???

ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴅᴜɴɢᴇᴏɴs ᴏғ ᴍʏ ʙʟᴀᴄᴋ ᴅᴇsᴘᴀɪʀ

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by Cloudstrike:

He is.

Like Like (0 likes)
Page 30 is finished...only about 10 pages to go.

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
quote:

He is.

Okay, thank you!!!

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
quote:
quote:

He is.

Okay, thank you!!!

You're welcome!

Like Like (0 likes)
Also, is Spindle like in love with every she-cat??? He's funny!!!

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:

Pretty much.

When he first came to the cave he liked Featherfall, but she made fun of him a lot. Persephone came for six months and he liked her instead. Then he liked Day. When Bast came he liked her, and then when Licorice came he liked her. (And that's what Rabbit meant by telling him to make up his mind.)

Then in Evergreen he changes his mind again.

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
quote:

Pretty much.

When he first came to the cave he liked Featherfall, but she made fun of him a lot. Persephone came for six months and he liked her instead. Then he liked Day. When Bast came he liked her, and then when Licorice came he liked her. (And that's what Rabbit meant by telling him to make up his mind.)

Haha. Poor Spindle, will he ever find love??? Also is Evergreen a new comic??? Sorry for asking so many questions!!!

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
quote:
quote:

Pretty much.

Haha. Poor Spindle, will he ever find love??? Also is Evergreen a new comic??? Sorry for asking so many questions!!!

You'll see...

Yes, and I'm working on it right now--it's about 3/4 finished.

Like Like (0 likes)
And it's fine; I don't mind you asking a lot of questions.

Like Like (0 likes)
Cool, can't wait to see it!!! I love your drawing style, I draw cats but I don't know how to upload pics. What drawing program do you use?? (Last question)

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Cool, can't wait to see it!!! I love your drawing style, I draw cats but I don't know how to upload pics. What drawing program do you use?? (Last question)

I sketch with pencil and scan my drawings in. Then if I want to color them, I outline with SumoPaint (free, online, no membership required) and color with Pixelmator (has to be bought).

To upload pictures, go to Imgur and click Upload. It's pretty straightforward from there. Copy the code with [ img ] [ /img ] (without spaces) and paste it into your post.

Like Like (0 likes)
Cool,thanks!!!

Like Like (0 likes)
You're welcome!

Like Like (0 likes)
Ugh...stuck on page 33...

Like Like (0 likes)
Evergreen is finished (42 pages)! I'll upload it later when I have time.

Like Like (0 likes)
Quick question: Why am I not on the fan list?! Love the series, Hollyfrost! Cant wait for the next one! (But you already knew all of this )

I would love to say that I need no introduction, but it’s proper etiquette to give one’s name to one’s opponent, no matter what manner of evildoer they may be. Very well, I will tell you! I hate crooked things! My favorite words are: Effort…and guts! I’m a ninja who lives for my love! My name…is Adderbite! CxAxT

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by *Adderbite*:
Quick question: Why am I not on the fan list?! Love the series, Hollyfrost! Cant wait for the next one! (But you already knew all of this )

I'll add you to the fan list!

Like Like (0 likes)

Onyx is wary when a soul-stealer shows up and wants to join Kyanite’s cats. The three cats traveling with Pine say he won’t steal anyone’s soul, but after Pomegranate, the cats have a hard time trusting soul-stealers. And what’s more, Pine seems to know something only Kyanite shares…

Only the new characters are listed here, not the ones that have already appeared.

Poppy is drawn with stripes, and has white on her muzzle and hind paws.

Jet has color divisions between black, green, and white.

Civet is drawn with unshaded stripes.

Pine has no markings.

Citrus has rings behind her eyes and three streaks on her shoulders.

Boudicca (Bo) has no markings, but she does have an extra-long tooth that sticks out of her mouth.

??? is a dragonlike creature.
Sorry for not making a digital lineart, but it would have been a pain to color.

Like Like (0 likes)
bump

Like Like (0 likes)
Cool!!!

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Cool!!!

Thank you!

Like Like (0 likes)
]

Wait so is Breeze Pomegranate's son??? and how is Citrus related to Pomegranate???

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
]

Wait so is Breeze Pomegranate's son??? and how is Citrus related to Pomegranate???

Breeze isn't Pomegranate's son...I'll explain in my next post.

Citrus is Pomegranate's cousin.

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
quote:
]

Oh, okay. Because it said that Kyanite called him the murderer's son, so yah. Smiler Thanks!!!

Like Like (0 likes)
Breeze's father, also named Breeze, was a murderer. Kyanite suspected him of being his father when she first met him (before the cats lived in the cave, in fact), so she tried to kill him. At this point the group was Kyanite, Phiry, Boudicca, Sky, Sasori, Day, and Night. There was a second group of cats--Lykke, Lion, Lloyd, Grass, and Sorrel.

She realized a short while later that he was much too young to be the murderer Breeze, but then he told her that was his father and she tried to kill him again. Sanguis told Kyanite to calm down.

Then there was trouble with Pomegranate stealing Breeze's soul. She was defeated that time when she didn't realize she couldn't steal Sasori's soul (scorpion-cats' souls can't be stolen) and wasted time trying, and Sasori finally managed to kill her.

The cats settled in the cave when they met Hecate--they had always thought it would be a good place to live if they could light it without fire. (Electricity would be too hard because it was a cave.) Harry and Louie came next. Grass joined Kyanite's cats when Lykke, Lion, Lloyd, and Sorrel disappeared. Then Spinnen met Kyanite; at first they tried to fight each other, but Phiry convinced Spinnen that she could never beat Kyanite but that she was welcome to join. Onyx and Featherfall found Slash out hunting and he took them to the cave, along with Rabbit. Spindle was hopelessly lost; Sanguis happened to find him out on his own, so he brought him too.

Kyanite still doesn't entirely trust Breeze, and she's not quite sure why. I think it's mostly because she doesn't entirely trust herself...

If possible I'll try to bring Lykke, Lion, Lloyd, and Sorrel into the story.

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
quote:
quote:
]

Oh, okay. Because it said that Kyanite called him the murderer's son, so yah. Smiler Thanks!!!

I just finished the explanation. Wink

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
]

I just finished the explanation. Wink

Yah, I read it, thanks because I was kind of confused.(Then again when aren't I???) So just one more question, where did Onyx come from, or will that be another comic???

Like Like (0 likes)