Apprentice age

Before you read this, yes I know Warriors is fictional and not like real cats.

Moons is months, correct? So I don't get why a cat has to wait six months to become an apprentice. By then wouldn't they be almost full grown? I mean, six months is a long time! I have 4 kittens right now that aren't even 3 months and they're almost as big as their mother!

I don't get why in Warriors a kit couldn't start training and learning battle moves at 3 moons. Maybe I'm just thinking like Brokenstar, but I don't see how it'd be so bad. I would keep them out of battle at that age of course, but still. I mean, a six month old cat looks like a full grown cat. Not a kitten.

This is one of the things that bug me the most in Warriors and I don't know why. I just don't understand the age limit. Is it maybe because they mature more at that age or something?

at six moons, cats are around 8 years old :?

✧ kinkfur shaming 

Like Like (0 likes)
Kits are very fragile. Three moon apprentices would practically mean death or serious injury. Plus they aren't mature or fully developed.
Six moons is perfectly fine.

This Cube does not place nice with others.
Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by ♥~Companion Cube~♥:
Kits are very fragile. Three moon apprentices would practically mean death or serious injury. Plus they aren't mature or fully developed.

This makes more sense to me now. In the books when I see a six month old kit it's always hard for me to imagine it being smaller than a warrior. And I never understood why they had to wait. Thanks for explaing it to me.

Like Like (0 likes)
You can also do this:

6 moons-6 years: Around the age a human child starts elementary school. It could also mean 6th grade.
12 moons-12 years: Around the age a human child starts middle school. Could also mean 12th grade.

"The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma" ~ Patrick Star

R.I.P Dustpelt - Rest well, my friend. 

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by Twisterheart:
quote:

This makes more sense to me now. In the books when I see a six month old kit it's always hard for me to imagine it being smaller than a warrior. And I never understood why they had to wait. Thanks for explaing it to me.

Well have you seen a six month old cat? They're not kittens at the time, but they are smaller than a full grown cat. When they get to twelve moons, they are pretty much made warriors.
But I'm glad that I helped explain it.

This Cube does not place nice with others.
Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Twisterheart:
quote:

Well have you seen a six month old cat? They're not kittens at the time, but they are smaller than a full grown cat. When they get to twelve moons, they are pretty much made warriors.
But I'm glad that I helped explain it.

Yeah. I had a cat a couple of years ago, and he was really big when he was six months old. He was bigger than all our other cats who were much older than him, so I guess I just picture cats around his size when reading warriors so that's why It threw me off.

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:

As stated in Code Of The Clans, six moons was seen as the youngest a cat could go into battle without getting pulverized.

"Don't forget: Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone."
Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by Emeraldripple:
quote:

As stated in Code Of The Clans, six moons was seen as the youngest a cat could go into battle without getting pulverized.

Yeah. Well, the reason I thought this was because looking at my cats. My cats are always either always really big cats or really small cats. And right now we have 4 kittens and they're really big right now, so I take what I see and put it into warriors. So that's why I guess I thought it was a little strange to me because of how I was picturing it. Plus those kittens look like they've been trained by the Dark Forest the way they play and run around. O_O

But what I was really thinking was not go into battle, but just start earlier and learn simple things like simple defense moves and maybe how to hunt with another cat near by in case danger. I guess I should have put that in the first post. XD

Like Like (0 likes)
I had an adult cat and a kitten. He is seven moons but he is almost as big as the older cat but in the wild the would get less food so they would grow slower. Also its not so much about size as muscles. Until a month ago my cat had little muscle definition and in the wild their necks would break easily as shown in Yellowfangs secret the kits snapped another kits neck by doing real battle moves. Also their pelt would be softer and less protection from claws.

Like Like (0 likes)
You need to stop thinking like a cat and think more of humanized terms. Warriors is not a realistic or accurate book series about cats. While realisticly, they would start training at 3 moons, 3 moons is considered a young age by human standards, as we think by our terms. 3 moons is basicly equivelant to three years in Warriors.

«»«»«» A message I've thought much, too much about
Maybe it'll reach somebody - who can say? «»«»«»
Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by Basement Cat:
You need to stop thinking like a cat and think more of humanized terms. Warriors is not a realistic or accurate book series about cats. While realisticly, they would start training at 3 moons, 3 moons is considered a young age by human standards, as we think by our terms. 3 moons is basicly equivelant to three years in Warriors.

Are you talking to me when you say this or them? I'm just wondering. c: Not trying to sound rude, I'm just curious.

Like Like (0 likes)
Most cats are still fragile and can easily get killed if against another cat, so six moons would be when they get some structure to their bones.

Please sign on the dotted line. *Starts to scribble* X                         THERE IS NO DOTTED LINE!! WHY DO YOU ASK OF THIS?! MAKE THE DOTTED LINE DOTTED! Dedicated to >>>Mintleaf<<< Angelstar16. May StarClan light your path.

Like Like (0 likes)
realistically a cat doesnt become full grown till they are about one to two years old. Warriors is like that too.

,__,          *´¨         

(00)         ¸.•´¸.•*´¨ ¸.•*¨         

>(;;(<       (¸.•´ (¸.•` 

^^           

Like Like (0 likes)
Plus, a female cat can have kittens at 6 months old. Just wanted to point that out.

But, anyway, even if your talking realistic, three months old would not really be the proper age for a kitten to start getting tossed around and clawed.

[Stamps name ~Nicole-Mod~]{Woop signed by Mary Mod}

I liekz mudkipz.

Like Like (0 likes)
Yeah I think the large point of having the kittens be six moons/months was so that we could actually see them participating in fights with older cats and not getting killed as a result. Starting at three moons seems good in theory but look at three moon old kittens, their fur is still very soft and not thick enough to protect them from minor blows. Also think about the fact that these three moon old kits would have to go out into the forest where their are things that are far more dangerous than a another Clan cat. Also even if their almost the same size doesn't mean they are the same weight as an older cat. At Six moons old they would be much heavier than they would be at three moons, which makes them stronger than they would be at three moons.

They have trained three moon old kits defensive moons in the past. Sorreltail, Rainwhisker and Sootfur where taught defensive moves at three moons of age, when they were training to fight BloodClan. The thing is even though they were able to get the better of Sandstorm they wouldn't stand a chance against a cat bigger than her with a killer intent.

"My mother Tigermist and father Lionclaw named me,Ligerkit, in honor of the two great Clans that bare their names" meowed Ligerfrost. "Oh," meowed Softwind as he Bluepaw, Dovepaw, and Turkeykit lay listening to their mother's story."So why frost?" asked Turkeykit."I have no idea" she murmured.~Follow the raven to where your destiny calls~ 

Like Like (0 likes)
When kittens are under six moons, they are still immature. They still have very high prone to injuries. I mean, my kittens are three months old and they hurt each other just by playing. Imagine in battle what would happen if they fought for real!

this message is approved by me!

this is - ♥drυммerѕ dreαм♥ 

Like Like (0 likes)
When I posted this, I had my kittens in mind. They've only just turned five months and they're already much bigger than the mother and some of our other cats for a while now. I guess in my mind, I figured that all kittens would be the same size as mine, but I forgot the fact that the wild cats wouldn't be getting the same type of food. Plus, my kittens claws are so sharp. At three or four months, one of them jumped up and clawed my thigh very badly and now there's a scar there. Another time, I was holding something in my hand and one of them jumped up and sliced my finger open. So that's kind of why I thought that they would be ready. Every kitten I've been around in my life has been like that, so in my mind that's why I created this thread. I understand now.

Like Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by moonshine2222:
Plus, a female cat can have kittens at 6 months old. Just wanted to point that out.

But, anyway, even if your talking realistic, three months old would not really be the proper age for a kitten to start getting tossed around and clawed.

Yeah a female cat can get pregnant at six months but its not really considered healthy.

,__,          *´¨         

(00)         ¸.•´¸.•*´¨ ¸.•*¨         

>(;;(<       (¸.•´ (¸.•` 

^^           

Like Like (0 likes)
Kittypets grow faster than warriors who eat less.

Like Like (0 likes)