Warriors Survivors Seekers
Forums
Blog
Search

List Of Warrior Name Prefixes and Suffixes [Updated!]

Many of the characters in the Warriors novel series undergo a number of name changes.
In most cases a character is given an individual 'first' name by their mother upon birth, based on a particular physical or behavioral trait such as fur colour (Cinder, Ash, Fire, Gray), limb length (Spider, Long), eye colour (Heather, Yellow) or resemblance to another animal (Hawk, Jay, Squirrel).
The first name serves as the first half of the character's name, to be followed by a 'suffix' name based on the character's position within the Clan. Kittens are given the suffix of '-kit '(i.e. Snowkit, Molekit), while apprentices are given '-paw' (i.e. Hollypaw, Jaypaw). When the character reaches warrior status, the Clan leader selects a new suffix name for them based on another trait such as personality (-heart), appearance (-fur, -pelt, -claw, -stripe, -face, -nose), choosing the suffix in honor of a previously fallen warrior (-feather) or an environmental condition or location (-pool, -shine, -frost, -blaze). All Clan leaders take the suffix '-star' (Bluestar, Sunstar) and deputies retain their warrior name until made leader.
Characters not belonging to the five 'original' Clans (ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan, ShadowClan and SkyClan) typically do not follow this naming structure and do not have suffix names. Additionally, the Tribe of Rushing Water follows its own naming conventions.

If I appear to be missing a prefix or suffix, please let me know. Ideally, this list contains only prefixes and suffixes used in the books...

|| Prefixes

[ A ]
Acorn
Adder
Amber
Ant
Apple
Arch
Ash
Aspen

[ B ]
Badger
Bark
Beech
Beetle
Berry
Birch
Bird
Black
Blizzard
Blossom
Blue
Bounce
Bracken
Bramble
Brave
Breeze
Briar
Bright
Brindle
Broken
Brown
Bumble
Buzzard

[ C ]
Cedar
Cherry
Cinder
Claw
Cloud
Clover
Copper
Creek
Crooked
Crouch
Crow

[ D ]
Daisy
Dapple
Dark
Dawn
Dead
Dew
Dove
Drift
Duck
Dusk
Dust

[ E ]
Eagle
Ebony
Echo
Eel
Ember

[ F ]
Fallen
Fallow
Fawn
Feather
Fennel
Fern
Ferret
Finch
Fire
Flame
Fleet
Flint
Flower
Fly
Fox
Freckle
Frog
Frost
Furze
Fuzzy

[ G ]
Gale
Golden
Goose
Gorse
Grass
Gray
Green

[ H ]
Hail
Half
Hare
Hawk
Hay
Hazel
Heather
Heavy
Hollow
Holly
Honey

[ I ]
Ice
Ivy

[ J ]
Jagged
Jay

[ K ]
Kestrel
Kink

[ L ]
Lake
Larch
Lark
Leaf
Leopard
Lichen
Lightning
Lily
Lion
Little
Lizard
Log
Long
Lost
Loud
Low

[ M ]
Maggot
Mallow
Maple
Marsh
Meadow
Milk
Minnow
Mint
Mist(y)
Mole
Moon
Morning
Moss(y)
Moth
Mottle
Mouse
Mouth
Mud
Mumble

[ N ]
Nettle
Night

[ O ]
Oak
Oat
Odd
Olive
One
Otter
Owl

[ P ]
Pale
Patch
Pear
Pebble
Petal
Pike
Pine
Pool
Pounce
Prickle

[ Q ]
Quail
Quick

[ R ]
Rabbit
Rain
Ragged
Rat
Raven
Red
Reed
Ripple
Robin
Rock
Rose
Rowan
Rubble
Running
Rush
Russet
Rye

[ S ]
Sage
Sand(y)
Scorch
Sedge
Seed
Shade
Sharp
Sheep
Shell
Shimmer
Shining
Shred
Shrew
Silver
Sky
Slate
Sloe
Small
Smoke
Snake
Sneeze
Snow
Soft
Song
Soot
Sorrel
Sparrow
Speckle
Spider
Splash
Spotted
Squirrel
Starling
Stone
Storm
Stumpy
Sun(ny)
Swallow
Sweet
Swift

[ T ]
Tall
Talon
Tangle
Tawny
Thistle
Thorn
Thrush
Tiger
Timber
Tiny
Toad
Torn
Trout
Tumble
Twig

[ U ]
--

[ V ]
Vine
Vixen
Vole

[ W ]
Wasp
Weasel
Web
Weed
Wet
Whisker
White
Wild
Willow
Wind
Wolf

[ X ]
--

[ Y ]
Yellow

[ Z ]
--

|| Suffixes

[ A ]
--

[ B ]
Bee
Belly
Berry
Bird
Blaze
Branch
Briar
Breeze
Bright
Brook

[ C ]
Claw
Cloud
Creek

[ D ]
Dust
Drop

[ E ]
Ear
Eye(s)

[ F ]
Face
Fall
Fang
Feather
Fern
Fire
Fish
Flight
Flower
Foot
Frost
Fur

[ G ]
--

[ H ]
Hawk
Heart

[ I ]
--

[ J ]
Jaw

[ K ]
Kit

[ L ]
Leaf
Leap
Leg
Light

[ M ]
Mask
Mist
Moon

[ N ]
Nose

[ O ]
--

[ P ]
Pad
Paw
Pelt
Petal
Pool
Poppy
Puddle

[ Q ]
--

[ R ]
--

[ S ]
Scar
Shade
Shadow
Shine
Sky
Snow
Song
Spirit
Splash
Spots
Spring
Star
Stem
Step
Storm
Stream
Strike
Stripe

[ T ]
Tail
Talon
Thorn
Throat
Tooth
Tuft

[ U ]
--

[ V ]
--

[ W ]
Watcher
Water
Willow
Wind
Wing
Wish
Whisperer
Whisker

[ X ]
--

[ Y ]
--

[ Z ]
--

wow nice!!!

PerpetualArtist | dA: TigerpeltRaven
Like (0 likes)
this helps alot thank you!

PerpetualArtist | dA: TigerpeltRaven
Like (0 likes)
awesome! *gasps* can you add falcon?

Like (0 likes)
Do you mind if I use a few of your names to help me design kits for my center?

Fun fact - Did you know the ocean is salty from all of the misunderstood sharks that just want to cuddle? "To the world I am nobody, but to somebody, I am the world" :) Mods sign here and you get cookie :D [] Proud kit styler! Kits styled - 46
Like (0 likes)
 how do you do small writing like that?  

♫♪I saw FOB on June 19, 2013 & Panic! at the Disco on Jan 14, 2014♫♪ 

I want to be a better person, I wanna know the master plan

Cast your stones, cast your judgement, you don't make me who I am.

»A Day To Remember, "Sometimes You're The Hammer, Sometimes You're The Nail"

Like (0 likes)
thats awesome

♥♥♥My Amazing Mate♥♥♥ Frostflower***♥My Sister♥ Swiftwings♥ School has started so i will only be on on the weekends! People say I'm strange does it make me a stranger? My best friend was born in a manger~ Jesus Freak Go with the flow and the flow will drown you~ Escape Hold up the flag 'cause it's ride or die~ Ignition ~My Charries~ Cats~~~ Cloudstorm- white tom with dark blue eyes Orangeflame- white tom with orange tabby stripes and wide blue eyes Whiteshadow- white tom with black eyes and one black streak Phantomfang- white tom with purple eyes Blackstorm- black tom with violet eyes Bears~~~ Unnuaq(night)- large polar bear with a black spot and dark blue eyes Hashi(sun/moon)- grizzly bear with one white spot and one black spot and green eyes Koni(skunk)- small black bear with white stripe down her spine and amber eyes Xing(star)- large panda bear with star shaped spot on forehead
Like (0 likes)

SO.. MANY... SUFFIXES... AND... PREFIXES... -shot-

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE.
Like (0 likes)
Wow. This is awesome!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Minty fresh!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "This picnic will soon depart. Real life, I'm sad to see you go. I'll miss you with all my heart, but I'd rather be alone," Dreams Don't Turn to Dust by Owl City|NOTE: I will be less active because of school. At best, I'll be able to come on once a day, and at worst, I won't be able to come on at all for most of the school year.
Like (0 likes)
Cool! but you missed Emerald.

ℓσσк вєуση∂ му єуєѕ ιηтσ му ѕσυℓ•WATER•EARTH•FIRE•AIR•BROWNIES -Carolyn-Mod[especially the brownies! -mod] Fan of untraditional names~CurrentMood:;)!!!Glad you are in a good mood - JanaM~I Am Emeraldeye! Hear me ROAR!mew! (oops!:unsure::sleepy::uhh: )My Cute pet Blinky: :unsure:
Like (0 likes)
quote:
Omae ni deatte yokatta. Tte, kore, hiniku dakarana!

What in the world?

SO MANY PREFIXES AND SUBFIXS!*Runs away screaming*

Like (0 likes)
WOW!!!! That must have taken you forever. That's a lot of help, thanks!!!

Haters gonna hate. Potatoes gonna potate. [Whoa! That's deep! -WCM] ~*♥*~ I live in Xeldonia with Hawkeh! It's a very unpopulated area. ~*♥*~ ѕιℓνєяѕσηg is my partner-in-crime! ~*♥*~ Frostly the Snowman: oating your head since 1996 ~*♥*~ I love Sparkly the Fairy Princess lots and lots of oodles ~*♥*~ Mudflight's Little Things get the boyez goinggg ~*♥*~ My love for Sparrowly is eternical

Like (0 likes)
Shadowsun add them

Proud owner Electrotechmedia and I wrote a book. FEATURED ON MINDCRACK UHC!
Like (0 likes)
Whoa. This looks great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Why are you reading this?
Like (0 likes)
Wow Occam! That's amazing!

The smallest feline is a masterpiece.
Like (0 likes)
Couldn't "ice" be a suffix?

[ carry on my wayward son ]

Like (0 likes)
I wish they would use "Scarlet"

~~~~~~ "Vigilantism is nothing but self satisfaction"~ Suzaku "Its heavy isn't it? Those who bear that mask must bear the burden of the whole world upon their shoulders."~C.C "When people lie, they are doing it to protect the ones they love."~Lelouch
Like (0 likes)
You forgot these...
-fang (Adderfang, Yellowfang)
Yellow- (Yellowfang)
Otherwise, great list.

Like (0 likes)
Then my computer must be acting up....

If they count*, here are some SkyClan name parts:
Billy- (Billystorm)
Freckle- (Frecklewish)
Ebony- (Ebonyclaw)
Harvey- (Harveymoon)

*Not sure if Billy/Harvey would, since they're kittypet names with warrior endings.

Like (0 likes)
You forgot Kink.
Son, I am disappoint.

Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by Occam:
quote:
You forgot Kink.
Son, I am disappoint.

[sub]No, it's listed.

FFFF I looked under the wrong list. My bad.

Pardon my ignorance. *flee!*

Like (0 likes)
Whoa. *backs up*

AND THEN THERE WAS ONE.
Like (0 likes)
Yay! Now I can make an RP bff for my kitteh, Shadowtooth! (He shall be named... Spiderfur! :'D)

... with Simon Baker's pants. ------[Keep swimming for Riverclan - JanaM][Happy 2nd anniversary - WCM][Ooops, I dropped an egg on your new carpet!]|"Germany recognizes his friend Italy!" "... PASTAAAA!"|Hetalia <3 Germany is hot.
Like (0 likes)
this is epic! But i think you forgot rabbit, and I'm pretty sure it's been used in the books.

[[ Oops! Please keep sig within 4 lines. ]]
Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by ashfurfan:
this is epic! But i think you forgot rabbit, and I'm pretty sure it's been used in the books.
wait, whoops, you do have it XD

Like (0 likes)
Wow, awesome list! I just favorited it

"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” - Socrates
Like (0 likes)
¡sǝxıɟɟns ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ ɯoolq ʇoƃɹoɟ noʎ sdoo
(Thats oops you forgot bloom for the suffixes! upside down)

------------->ωhεn yσu'rε gσηε --------------->ωιℓℓ I lσσsε cσητrσℓ? ----------------->Yσur thε σnly rσαd I κησω ---------------------->ωhσ ωιℓℓ drιvε my sσul? ^----^ 〈^ . ^ 〉Princess Titania the ():::::() Ballroom Kitteh 8D ⎛______⎞ ()-----() | o o | ⎩__ O⎭Mrs. Brown The Bear ( ) ||____|| º⎛ ⎞ º • •
Like (0 likes)
Prefix to!

------------->ωhεn yσu'rε gσηε --------------->ωιℓℓ I lσσsε cσητrσℓ? ----------------->Yσur thε σnly rσαd I κησω ---------------------->ωhσ ωιℓℓ drιvε my sσul? ^----^ 〈^ . ^ 〉Princess Titania the ():::::() Ballroom Kitteh 8D ⎛______⎞ ()-----() | o o | ⎩__ O⎭Mrs. Brown The Bear ( ) ||____|| º⎛ ⎞ º • •
Like (0 likes)
What about Dream as a prefix?

Like (0 likes)
Ooo, this will be very helpful to me! Thank you for putting it up here!

"... My heads, up in the clouds He begs me to come down, Says, 'Girl, quit foolin' around..." - Plain White Tee's
Like (0 likes)
(Oooops! No spamming please)

GENERATION 02: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig and add 1 to the generation. It's a social experiment.
Like (0 likes)
This is great!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Minty fresh!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ "This picnic will soon depart. Real life, I'm sad to see you go. I'll miss you with all my heart, but I'd rather be alone," Dreams Don't Turn to Dust by Owl City|NOTE: I will be less active because of school. At best, I'll be able to come on once a day, and at worst, I won't be able to come on at all for most of the school year.
Like (0 likes)
a needs autumn

♒σcєαимιѕт♒ in hidding! My sister got a cut...LOL! ♥♥WindχBlack♥♥
Like (0 likes)
This wasn't used in the books, but what about the suffixes "rise" and "strike"?

Hi guys~! I'm a big fan of Doctor Who, Mass Effect, Farscape, Stargate, and a few animes! :L
Like (0 likes)
Was there a PIKEpaw in Shadowclan?

||[Byeeee - JanaM][Did siggy signings carry over?]||

||ṡïṉģlε ṡhε-сατ løøќïṉģ ƒøɾ hεɾ ραɾτṉεɾ ïṉ сɾïṃε!!||

Like (0 likes)
What about -path and -head? They were in the Warriors name generator on the site.

Like (0 likes)
Thanks, Its a big help!!! Your awesome!!

Listen, I'm not on really anymore. I come on here and there, but don't think of me as reliable. I'm sorry if your mad or sad, but I just am busy doing other things. ~Scorch~
Like (0 likes)
Eeker wow. just WOW.

B ☺ R ☺ I ☺ A ☺ R ☺ L ☺ I ☺ G ☺ H ☺ T ♥ Silverdawn and Darkrain~нє ¢αℓℓѕ мє тнє ρяιη¢єѕѕ σƒ ƒαℓℓєη ѕσυℓѕ, ѕσ нє мυѕт вє му ρяιη¢є ♥ // If you think Animal Cruelty is WRONG WRONG WRONG, add this to your signature! We HAVE to make a difference! // I am NOT normal. Deal. // Platypuses AND ECHIDNAS are the only mammals to lay eggs. //
Like (0 likes)
quote:
Originally posted by Occam:
quote:
Eeker wow. just WOW.

Thank you, I think.
Smiler Yes. I liked this a lot. You are AMAZING

B ☺ R ☺ I ☺ A ☺ R ☺ L ☺ I ☺ G ☺ H ☺ T ♥ Silverdawn and Darkrain~нє ¢αℓℓѕ мє тнє ρяιη¢єѕѕ σƒ ƒαℓℓєη ѕσυℓѕ, ѕσ нє мυѕт вє му ρяιη¢є ♥ // If you think Animal Cruelty is WRONG WRONG WRONG, add this to your signature! We HAVE to make a difference! // I am NOT normal. Deal. // Platypuses AND ECHIDNAS are the only mammals to lay eggs. //
Like (0 likes)
This is awesome!

Ѽ PUMPKINHEART Ѽ "Never tell me the sky's the limit, when there are footprints on the moon." Hitch hiker win! ~So long and thanks for all the fish!~
Like (0 likes)